1. Chocolate is my favorite food.
2. Seafood andshellfish are my next favorite.
3. I live to travel.
4. In a previous life, I was an Egyptologist.
5. I want to go back to school for archaeology.
6. My first camera was a plastic Yogi Bear instamatic with roll film.
7. I still shoot with a Contarex, Nikon, and two TLRs.
8. I love to spend time in the darkroom processing film, working with chemicals, experimenting with paper, and printing photos.
9. If I won a lottery, I’d travel around the world twice.
10. My godmother bought me my first diary for my 7th birthday (it was candy pink with glitter).
11. I have filled over 25 blank books with the nonsense of my life.
12. I hated when my mom would say I was just like my dad. Now I agree with her.
13. My family is scattered across 4 continents and an archipelago: North America, South America, Europe, Africa and the Azores.
14. I’m a student of many languages including Portuguese, French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin.
15. I can lead a walking tour of the National Mall from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol Building in 5 hours, including a lunch stop and two bathroom breaks.
16. As a little girl, I co-starred on a weekend local cable show – a Portuguese version of Sesame Street.
17. I watched John F. Kennedy Jr. play soccer when he was a student at Brown U.
18. The ceiling above my bed is covered in constellations and the initials of lost loves.
19. My favorite constellations are Cassiopeia and Orion.
20. I miss looking up into a star-filled sky.
21. Some nights I sit on my roof and watch planes queue up for landing.
22. If I were invisible for a day, I’d go to the Natural History Museum and dance naked wearing the Hope Diamond.
23. If I could meet a character from the past, I would dine with Leonardo da Vinci.
24. If I could wake up tomorrow with one talent, I would play the piano by ear.
25. If I could change one thing about myself, I would see with better than perfect vision.
26. My two favorite Impressionist painters are Edgar Degas and Vincent van Gogh.
27. My favorite color is cobalt blue.
28. The iris is my favorite flower.
29. I don’t like roses.
30. I don’t like to cook.
31. I’d rather feel too cold than too hot.
32. Though I love the beach.
33. I love to kiss.
34. I fall in and out of love quickly.
35. I enjoy surprising people with presents.
36. I have successfully thrown three elaborate surprise parties.
37. I love NCAA basketball.
38. I bumped into Michael Jordan three times when he lived in DC.
39. MJ is a basketball GOD.
40. I don’t own a car.
41. I rely on public transportation to get around.
41. Or walk.
43. I used to throw things when I’d get mad. I don’t do that anymore.
44. Now I just yell.
45. I used to wear Wonder Woman underoos and tie up the neighborhood kids with my magic lasso.
46. I have never had a cavity.
47. I love music and have an eclectic collection of CD’s.
48. It takes me a while to learn choreography, but once I have the steps down, I’ll never forget the dance.
49. I’ve seen U2 perform live over a dozen times.
50. I’ve seen the Beastie Boys perform live 7 times.
51. I’ve seen the Rolling Stones perform live 6 times.
52. I’ve seen Billy Joel perform live 6 times.
53. I’ve seen Phish perform live 6 times.
54. Nelly Furtado is my cousin’s cousin, but not related to me.
55. When I was 6, I told my parents I wanted to play piano. They bought me an accordion.
56. I was first chair flute and auditioned for state band my freshman year of high school.
57. My sophomore year I quit the band and joined the drama club.
58. In 1989, I performed in London.
59. People are most impressed by the titles and positions that are no big deal to me.
60. Given the choice, I’d lounge by the pool instead of swim in it.
61. I joined the track team as a freshman to chase after the cute, older guys in school.
62. I love the ocean and spent the first 18 years of my life at the beach.
63. I’ve gained an appreciation for the mountains, but would live on the beach given the choice.
64. I grew up in a small town, but have morphed into a city girl.
65. I would like to build a log home in the country someday. After I buy my beach house.
66. I have no pets.
67. I love big dogs: German Shepherds, Akitas, Rottweilers, Anatolians, Siberian Huskies.
68. When I was nine, a Doberman Pincher bit me while I delivered Girl Scout cookies. That was the end of Girl Scouts for me.
69. I despise shopping malls.
70. I make most purchases at boutiques and online.
71. I am cursed with a long memory.
72. I’ve blogged on and off since 2000.
73. I find it hard to make a commitment.
74. I’m lazy by nature.
75. I’m a sprinter, not built for any exercise requiring endurance.
76. I know a lot about many different things. I’ll take an interest in something, live-breath-sleep it for a few months, and then move on to something new and different.
77. I can be overbearing with all of my opinions.
78. I have an opinion about almost everything and usually have a good reason for it.
79. I welcome the opportunity for debate and listen with an open mind. But it takes a lot to sway my position.
80. I enjoy playing devil’s advocate.
81. I am one of the most selfish people I know, but hope someday to change that.
82. Sometimes I say vicious things and wish I felt worse for it, but don’t.
83. Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Citizen Kane are two of my favorite movies.
84. Most of my favorites come in pairs.
85. I’m a sci-fi fan.
86. Most people are surprised when they learn this about me.
87. In a perfect world I’d live in DC for 6 months and Lisbon for 6 months.
88. I volunteer with the Smithsonian Institution.
89. I love to edit people’s work.
90. I’m terrified of spiders (completely irrational).
91. I enjoy lightening storms.
92. I’m not afraid of the dark.
93. I like feeling on top of the world – love pressing my forehead against the glass of observation decks and looking down.
94. Tallest observation decks I’ve been on – Stratosphere in Vegas; Space Needle in Seattle; Eiffel Tower in Paris; Washington Monument in DC; Empire State Building in NYC; John Hancock Building in Boston; and Sears Tower in Chicago.
95. My childhood was bereft of Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, Mr. Sandman. etc.
96. On the other hand, my little brother believed in Santa until he was nine.
97. Bookcases overflowing with books line most of the walls of my apartment.
98. When I can’t sleep, I start counting, silently, to myself.
99. I often have trouble sleeping.
100. I look down at the keyboard as I type.
101. I’ve always been better with words than numbers.