Last night I met my best friend Kay out for dinner and drinks. As the night progressed, I realized most of our conversation involved changes we wanted to make this year. By the time we parted, we’d developed an ambitious list:
- Brunch every Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- Host a salon-style dinner party once a month
- Rediscover DC
- Volunteer to raise awareness and money for breast cancer research
- No more cabs — instead walk 10,000 steps per day (I’m buying our pedometers later this afternoon)
- No more caffeine
- No more meat
- No more television
- Take a Spanish language class
- Simplify simplify simplify
How can you simplify your life?
5 January 2007 at 12:49 pm
I’m divesting stuff that I don’t love, don’t use, or don’t want to maintain. I’ve made some diet simplifications (there is no “no this” in my life now, as I’ve done it and failed at ultimatums too many times. It’s all about moderation. I’ll letcha know how it goes.)
I’m making a point to move more, any way I can manage it. I’m reading more and thinking about what I read (when warrented). I’m trying to talk to people more, especially thinking people.
However, I’m happy to report that I just learned caffiene has anti-oxidant properties, so maybe you can spare yourself that one 😉