Happy October — or not so happy depending on your perspective. I want to know what happened to September.
I’ve got about 15 draft posts to finish editing and publish to this site. So I’ll be publishing in reverse as I complete them.
Where does all my time go?
- visited the Encompassing the Globe exhibit at the Sackler Gallery. I am enamored with armillary spheres and astrolabes.
- went to a lecture on Portugal’s Golden Age
- learned about Malta’s prehistoric temples
- spent time at the Portuguese American Leadership Council annual meeting and attended a reception at the ambassador’s residence
- visited my ancient globes, maps, armillary spheres and compasses everyday for three days before the exhibit closed (yes, I can get obsessive)
- christened the back bar of James Hoban’s on Dupont Circle with a glass of scotch
- listened to four White House press secretaries reminisce about their jobs
- learned about Timbuktu
- watched Knocked Up
- traveled to Philadelphia for the first time
- went through the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute
- walked through the Amarna exhibit at the U Penn Museum
- watched The Kingdom
- stalked some of my favorite authors at the National Book Festival
- went on a diet
So how was your September in a nutshell?
1 October 2007 at 8:21 pm
Hey, I missed you!
In a nutshell: massive job hunt. … I hope my stalker from work isn’t reading this.
2 October 2007 at 9:14 pm
Lesseeee…finished reading 6 books of various levels of quality. Put the (I hope) final polish on a short story I’m going to submit this week. Flew to Ft. Lauderdale and drove back. Panic cleaned my house a few times.
Other than that, it was a slow month.
3 October 2007 at 5:52 am
Hey, you HAVE been busy!!
How was Knocked Up? I’d been wanting to see it, but I’ve heard from friends that it’s a bit overrated..and probably worth seeing the DVD but not shelling out $$$ for movie tickets.
26 November 2007 at 5:54 pm
I had a birthday in September. Nutshell enough for you?