Happy October — or not so happy depending on your perspective. I want to know what happened to September.
I’ve got about 15 draft posts to finish editing and publish to this site. So I’ll be publishing in reverse as I complete them.
Where does all my time go?
- visited the Encompassing the Globe exhibit at the Sackler Gallery. I am enamored with armillary spheres and astrolabes.
- went to a lecture on Portugal’s Golden Age
- learned about Malta’s prehistoric temples
- spent time at the Portuguese American Leadership Council annual meeting and attended a reception at the ambassador’s residence
- visited my ancient globes, maps, armillary spheres and compasses everyday for three days before the exhibit closed (yes, I can get obsessive)
- christened the back bar of James Hoban’s on Dupont Circle with a glass of scotch
- listened to four White House press secretaries reminisce about their jobs
- learned about Timbuktu
- watched Knocked Up
- traveled to Philadelphia for the first time
- went through the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute
- walked through the Amarna exhibit at the U Penn Museum
- watched The Kingdom
- stalked some of my favorite authors at the National Book Festival
- went on a diet
So how was your September in a nutshell?